Monday, April 23, 2007

Charlotte Observer: Edwards Retaining Core Supporters

This is always great to see:

It was an easy sell, said Gibson Vance, a 42-year-old trial lawyer and lead fundraiser in Alabama for both of Edwards' campaigns.

"We didn't have anybody who supported him in 2004 say, `I'm not supporting him this time,' " said Vance. "I've not run into anybody who said, `I'm not for John. I'm for somebody else.' "

Similar scenes were repeated in cities across the country, enabling Edwards to raise $14 million during the first three months of the year.

I've noticed the same trend in Edwards' senior staffers. Edwards '04 staffers who have returned for the '08 campaign include (these are their '04 roles) campaign manager Nick Baldick, communications director David Ginsberg, press secretary Jennifer Palmieri, research director Christina Reynolds, finance director Jennifer Swanson, and Iowa field director (and now state director) Jen O'Malley. That's just off the top of my head. The Edwards 2004 team was great, and they're only getting better.

No comments: